Neb. troopers kill armed fugitive after chase
Jason Kuiper, World-Herald Staff Writer
The Omaha World-Herald
Copyright 2006 The Omaha World-Herald Company
A man wanted by authorities for questioning in a double shooting in Illinois died in a gunfight with Nebraska State Patrol troopers Tuesday afternoon.
The shooting happened about 3:30 p.m., following a 60-mile chase on westbound Interstate 80 that started near Alda and ended about five miles west of the Overton interchange. Overton is about 30 miles west of Kearney.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Neb. troopers kill armed fugitive after chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help