'Most Wanted' fugitive shot dead in Oakland, Calif.
Matthew B. Stannard, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Francisco Chronicle
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
A fugitive sought in connection with a 2005 slaying in Vallejo was shot and killed in Oakland on Wednesday evening by investigators whom he had been evading for months.
Kim Saelio, 22, had been the subject of a six-month manhunt by police in Oakland and Vallejo and the state Department of Justice and Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement. He was wanted on a murder warrant for the Nov. 11 killing of Curtis Mack Allen, 35, in Vallejo.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help