Colo. police nab Kmart shooting suspect; Woman dies
The Associated Press
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.- One of two women shot at a 24-hour Kmart has died and police on Monday said they have a suspect in custody.
Early Monday police arrested Anthony Law, 39, at his apartment near the store, Englewood police spokesman Brad Johnson said.
Police investigator John Hoehler said somebody opened fire on the two women, one who as inside the front door of the store, while another was just outside. One of the victims was shot in the chest, and the other was hit in the lower back, he said.
It was not immediately clear if the women were Kmart employees or if they knew the suspect.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help