Manhunt for suspect who shot Ohio officer, K-9
By Josh Jarman
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A manhunt continues this morning for a suspect believed to have shot a Zanesville police officer and a police dog.
Officer Michael Schiele, 29, was attempting to serve a misdemeanor warrant about 8:15 p.m. Sunday on a suspect when the man shot the officer and his dog, Zanesville police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Manhunt for suspect who shot Ohio officer, K-9
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help