Wash. police slayings hit home for Oakland police
San Francisco Chronicle
OAKLAND, Calif. — The ambush shooting deaths of four Washington state police officers at a coffee shop has hit the Oakland Police Department particularly hard, just eight months after the force lost four of its own, authorities said today.
On Sunday, a gunman killed Lakewood, Wash., police Sgt. Mark Renninger, 39; and Officers Ronald Owens, 37; Tina Griswold, 40; and Greg Richards, 42, at a Forza Coffee shop in Parkland. A suspect with a lengthy criminal history was still being sought today.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house