Proposal to aid Ga. manhunts for cop killers
'Blue Alert' highway signs would warn the public of wanted suspects
By Ernie Suggs
ATLANTA — As law enforcement authorities reported an arrest Wednesday in the ambush slaying of a Chattahoochee Hills police officer, a state senator was pushing legislation to make it easier to track and catch accused cop killers in the future.
Last week, Senate Transportation Chairman Jeff Mullis (R-Chickamauga) introduced SB 397, which would create a statewide alert system similar to an Amber Alert.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Proposal to aid Ga. manhunts for cop killers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house