Proposal to aid Ga. manhunts for cop killers
'Blue Alert' highway signs would warn the public of wanted suspects
By Ernie Suggs
ATLANTA — As law enforcement authorities reported an arrest Wednesday in the ambush slaying of a Chattahoochee Hills police officer, a state senator was pushing legislation to make it easier to track and catch accused cop killers in the future.
Last week, Senate Transportation Chairman Jeff Mullis (R-Chickamauga) introduced SB 397, which would create a statewide alert system similar to an Amber Alert.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Proposal to aid Ga. manhunts for cop killers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms