Fugitive shot by cops in Ore. after robbery, kidnapping
The Idaho man had eluded authorities since last week
By Associated Press
OAKRIDGE, Ore. — Police wounded an armed Idaho man who had eluded authorities since late last week following a robbery, kidnapping and car theft near a central Oregon campground.
James Patrick Powers, a 47-year-old Boise resident, was shot Saturday evening by an Oregon State Police trooper as he walked toward the city limits of the town of Oakridge.
He’s being treated in a Springfield area hospital.
Read more on the Seattle Times.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman