Suspected Ga. cop killer still at large
The suspect, Jamie Hood, was not found in a Spring Valley house surrounded by SWAT officers following a "credible" tip
By Mike Morris and Ty Tagami
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Searching for a man accused of killing one law enforcement officer and shooting a second, police in Athens surrounded a house Thursday morning. The suspect, Jamie Hood, 33, was not found at the home at Spring Valley and Murrell roads. But GBI Director Vernon Keenan told Channel 2 Action News that police still think Hood is in Athens.
"We believe we're on the right track," Keenan said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Suspected Ga. cop killer still at large
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help