Okla. murder suspect recaptured after stealing deputy's car
Shaun Michael Bosse overpowered a guard and drove away in a police car Sunday
By PoliceOne Staff
PURCELL, Okla. — Police have recaptured a man charged with killing a woman and her two children after he escaped from a jail near Oklahoma City on Sunday.
28-year-old Shaun Michael Bosse overpowered a guard at about 10 a.m. Sunday, took the guard hostage and then fled in a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix, which he later abandoned. He was being held in the McClain County Jail south of Oklahoma City.
"He was recaptured without incident this afternoon and he is being transferred back to jail," Deputy Eric Venegas told Reuters.
Bosse is charged with first-degree murder for the killings of 25-year-old Katrina Griffin, 8-year-old Christian Griffin and 6-year-old Chasity Hammer, who died when their mobile home was allegedly set ablaze by bosse.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman