Suspect in Fla. police officer shooting captured
Michael Wayne Lester is accused of shooting Officer Stacy Lee Booth, 26, in the right forearm and abdomen
AUBURNDALE, Fla. - A Polk County man faces charges of trying to kill law enforcement officers after a standoff Friday night that began with the shooting of an Auburndale police officer.
Officer Stacy Lee Booth, 26, was shot in the right forearm and abdomen at 10:17 p.m. as she approached a house at 413 Diamond Ridge Drive. She later was treated at Lakeland Regional Medical Center and was listed in critical but stable condition Saturday morning.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office arrested Michael Wayne Lester, 36. He is charged with four counts of attempted murder of a law enforcement officer and one count each of possessing a firearm while engaged in a felony, shooting within a dwelling, aggravated battery and resisting arrest with violence.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court