Ga. police kill fugitive in mall parking lot
GBI spokesman: Atlanta police received a tip leading to the fugitive they were looking for
By Mike Morris, Angel K. Brooks
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — A man shot and killed by Atlanta police at the Mall West End on Wednesday night was a fugitive wanted by Mississippi authorities, the GBI said Thursday.
GBI spokesman John Bankhead said Atlanta police received a tip that the fugitive they were looking for was parked in a Chevrolet Suburban at the mall.
"During officers' attempt to arrest, the fugitive was shot and killed," Bankhead said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. police kill fugitive in mall parking lot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court