Man who taunted NZ police on Facebook turns himself in
Suspect posted an attention-grabbing Facebook message underneath a post with his picture calling for information on his whereabouts
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW ZEALAND — A man who taunted police on their Facebook page while on the run has turned himself in.
Michael Shane Hagger, 34, failed to appear in court in May for shoplifting-related charges and last week posted an attention-grabbing Facebook message underneath a post with his picture calling for information on his whereabouts, The Southland Times reported.
"Hoo rah," it said.
The Tauhara Paetiki Neighbourhood Policing Team responded and asked him to get in touch with detectives.
Hagger then went to the Facebook page of Fairfax NZ and posted he would voluntarily appear at court.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests