Ralph "Bucky" Phillips captured
Captured fugitive 'Buck' Phillips appears in court
Copyright 2006 Cable News Network
All Rights Reserved
BUFFALO, New York — Suspected cop killer Ralph "Bucky" Phillips appeared in court for the first time Saturday, the day after he was captured at the end of a five-month manhunt.
He looked exhausted and unshaven during the four-minute hearing, the Associated Press said. He spoke little, answering "yes" when asked if he was Ralph Phillips and also if he had received a copy of the federal complaint charging him with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, AP reported.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ralph "Bucky" Phillips captured
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests