St. Louis police getting system to help pinpoint gunfire
By Bill Bryan
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — A system that can recognize the sound of gunfire and identify its location will be installed in St. Louis with money from a federal grant, the police department announced Wednesday.
Police said it should provide quicker police response and result in more weapons arrests and confiscations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert