St. Louis police getting system to help pinpoint gunfire
By Bill Bryan
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — A system that can recognize the sound of gunfire and identify its location will be installed in St. Louis with money from a federal grant, the police department announced Wednesday.
Police said it should provide quicker police response and result in more weapons arrests and confiscations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash