Calif. dept. awarded $450,000 grant for traffic enforcement
The Vallejo Times Herald
NAPA, Calif. — The Office of Traffic Safety awarded the Napa Police Department a $451,432 grant, city officials announced Friday.
The grant will be used to fund operations targeting those driving under the influence or with a suspended license, as well as red light, speed limit and seatbelt violators.
"We are very fortunate to receive this funding from the Office of Traffic Safety,' Napa Police Chief Rich Melton said in a prepared statement. "Resources will be directed at enforcement efforts which have proven to be effective in reducing the number of collisions, injuries and deaths.'
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation