Md. mayor seeks more law enforcement funds
By Nicole Fuller
The Baltimore Sun
ANNAPOLIS — As Annapolis embarks on an ambitious crime-prevention plan, Mayor Ellen O. Moyer has proposed a budget that would boost funding for law-enforcement efforts by more than $1 million.
Her $81 million operating budget would raise the starting salary for a police officer to $43,000, set aside $500,000 for security cameras in high-crime neighborhoods and create an Office of Youth & Community Action.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. mayor seeks more law enforcement funds
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms