Md. police get grant for high-tech traffic ticket system
By Tyeesha Dixon
The Baltimore Sun
HOWARD COUNTY, Md. — Unreadable handwritten tickets and a 25-minute traffic stop might soon be things of the past for Howard County residents.
The Howard County Police Department has received a grant of more than $48,000 from the state to begin purchasing equipment to issue electronic citations, commonly called e-citations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help