Md. police get grant for high-tech traffic ticket system
By Tyeesha Dixon
The Baltimore Sun
HOWARD COUNTY, Md. — Unreadable handwritten tickets and a 25-minute traffic stop might soon be things of the past for Howard County residents.
The Howard County Police Department has received a grant of more than $48,000 from the state to begin purchasing equipment to issue electronic citations, commonly called e-citations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department