Ill. department gets nearly $40K for gang, drug enforcement
By BOB Uphues
The Riverside Landmark
RIVERSIDE, Ill. — Riverside Township has ponied up nearly $40,000 in grants for local police departments, buying equipment that police will use to combat gang and drug activity.
At the Riverside village board meeting on March 3, Police Chief Thomas Weitzel displayed binoculars, digital cameras and video recorders and a laptop computer purchased with some $13,000 in grant money.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police