Wash. police gets grant for new database system
By Stacey Mulick
The News Tribune
TACOMA, Wash. — A year from now, Tacoma and Lakewood police officers will get automatic alerts in their patrol cars when violent crime spikes in their areas.
They'll also be able to tap into a computer database and look up specific crimes over a specific time period in a specific part of their city.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wash. police gets grant for new database system
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department