Wash. police gets grant for new database system
By Stacey Mulick
The News Tribune
TACOMA, Wash. — A year from now, Tacoma and Lakewood police officers will get automatic alerts in their patrol cars when violent crime spikes in their areas.
They'll also be able to tap into a computer database and look up specific crimes over a specific time period in a specific part of their city.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wash. police gets grant for new database system
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend