Wis. PD launch privately funded program
By Ryan Haggerty and Alex Lundy
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee leaders launched a privately funded anti-crime program on the city's south side Thursday morning, with suggestions that Operation Impact could be expanded to the rest of the city.
Donations from Milwaukee businesses and foundations will pay the overtime costs for additional Milwaukee police foot and bike patrols in the area from noon to midnight and buy 18 additional surveillance cameras and alley lights to be installed in the area.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wis. PD launch privately funded program
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman