Grants help Va. city add officers to school campus
By Janelle Rucker
The Roanoke Times
ROANOKE, Va. — Being that many cases of drug and alcohol abuse begin in middle school, Terri Robertson is hoping that additional police presence in Franklin County schools will be a proactive solution.
"One of our goals is to shut that down before they get to high school," said the Benjamin Franklin Middle School principal.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help