CHP gets grant to promote child passenger safety
By Rachel Raskin-Zrihen
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — With one million new dollars dedicated to child safety, the California Highway Patrol launched a campaign to save the lives of California's children, the agency announced last week.
Motor vehicle crashes are a leading killer of children 14 and under in California, with unrestrained or improperly restrained children being the main contributing factor, CHP officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: CHP gets grant to promote child passenger safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help