La. sheriff proposes new 'Law Enforcement Operations' building
By Matt Scallan, River Parishes bureau
ST. CHARLES PARISH, La. — Saying that it's past time to consolidate his office's scattered operations, St. Charles Parish Sheriff Greg Champagne says he wants to build a 34,000-square-foot, storm-resistant complex near the foot of the Hale Boggs Bridge in Luling.
"We're calling it the Law Enforcement Operations building because for the first time, our patrol division and our detective bureau and our juvenile division will be in one place," he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms