N.J. departments get $47 mil from stimulus
By Leslie Kwoh and Alexi Friedman
NEWARK, N.J. — Police departments throughout New Jersey are getting an additional boost in funds this year as part of the federal stimulus package.
The state's law enforcement agencies are expected to receive a record-high $47.7 million out of $2 billion being distributed nationally, according to the Department of Justice. The money will be carved out of a $787 billion stimulus package President Obama signed into law last month.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.J. departments get $47 mil from stimulus
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman