Maine town uses Byrne grant, confiscated drug money to get new squad car
By Scott Monroe
The Morning Sentinel
WINSLOW, Maine — The Police Department is expecting a new patrol car and security cameras at its offices, without using local tax money.
The purchases, which would be funded by a federal grant and money confiscated from drug arrests, were given initial approval by the Town Council this week and are expected to get a final vote next month.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman