Maine town uses Byrne grant, confiscated drug money to get new squad car
By Scott Monroe
The Morning Sentinel
WINSLOW, Maine — The Police Department is expecting a new patrol car and security cameras at its offices, without using local tax money.
The purchases, which would be funded by a federal grant and money confiscated from drug arrests, were given initial approval by the Town Council this week and are expected to get a final vote next month.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help