Grants will help Mass. cops combat crime
By Conor Berry
The Berkshire Eagle
Two Berkshire police departments plan to use federal crime-fighting funds procured through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to deter gang violence and to hire a new police officer.
The grants, totaling $369,415, will help combat crime in Pittsfield and North Adams, the county s only two cities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Grants will help Mass. cops combat crime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests