Stimulus grant to fund new Ark. state police copter
By Chad Day
Arkansas law enforcement agencies received $9.6 million in federal stimulus grants Thursday, including $3.5 million for a new Arkansas State Police helicopter.
The funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act through the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant program was badly needed, said state police spokesman Bill Sadler.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman