Va. law enforcement officers protest proposed budget cuts
The proposed cuts would amount to a 25% reduction in LE services
RICHMOND, Va. — More than 75 law-enforcement officials from around the state appealed to legislators and Gov. Bob McDonnell to forestall proposed cuts to their agencies.
"The proposed cuts are devastating," said Stafford County Sheriff Charles E. Jett, president of the Virginia Sheriffs Association.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer