Va. law enforcement officers protest proposed budget cuts
The proposed cuts would amount to a 25% reduction in LE services
RICHMOND, Va. — More than 75 law-enforcement officials from around the state appealed to legislators and Gov. Bob McDonnell to forestall proposed cuts to their agencies.
"The proposed cuts are devastating," said Stafford County Sheriff Charles E. Jett, president of the Virginia Sheriffs Association.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper