Calif. cities win federal funding
Contra Costa Times
SOLANO COUNTY, Calif. — More than $235,000 in federal funding is on its way to Solano County law enforcement agencies, local congressional leaders announced Tuesday.
Representatives George Miller and John Garamendi, both D-Solano, announced the new federal funds awarded to law enforcement agencies from the federal Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program (JAG).
The JAG Program, administered by the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), is the leading source of federal justice funding to state and local jurisdictions.
Read more on the Contra Costa Times.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds