NJ mounted unit moves to Philly
Lt. Raymond Evers, a Philadelphia police spokesman, said, 'Sometimes people don't want to listen to the cops, but they'll listen to a horse.'
By Kia Gregory
The Philadelphia Inquirer
After almost four decades on the police force in Newark, N.J., Lt. Robert Marelli spends his last days itemizing saddles, bridles, and brushes.
"My heart's been cut out," said Marelli, poised to retire. "The unit's been decimated. This is what I've known. They're putting me out to pasture, too."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NJ mounted unit moves to Philly
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds