Texas PD gets $100,000 grant for training, technology
By Steven Alford
Corpus Christi Caller-Times
The Corpus Christi Police Department got a $100,000 boost for training and technology. The Citizens in Support of the Corpus Christi Police Department last week received a $25,000 four-year grant from the John G. and Marie Stella Kenedy Memorial Foundation.
"The economic times and budget cuts are overwhelming for everybody right now and it means a lot to see that people are willing to step up and offer support," Police Chief Troy Riggs said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Police Training
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house