Mass. police seek grant to combat gangs
By Scott J. Croteau
Telegram & Gazette Staff
Copyright 2006 Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
WORCESTER, Mass.- The Police Department has mapped an attack on gang violence in the city that hinges on a state grant.
Police Chief Gary J. Gemme said the department is asking the state Executive Office of Public Safety for a share of money from its Community Safety Initiative. The purpose of the program is to "support regional and multidisciplinary approaches to combat gang violence through coordinated programs for prevention and intervention," according to the EOPS.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. police seek grant to combat gangs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help