R.I.: Grant to bolster crime fighting
By Tatiana Pina, Journal Staff Writer
The Providence Journal
Copyright 2006 Providence Publications, LLC
CENTRAL FALLS, R.I.- The Police Department will be tracking sex offenders who register in the city, home in on crime trends and trace fingerprints in 20 minutes thanks to a federal grant.
Police Chief Joseph Moran and Maj. John Desmarais told the City Council last night that a Justice Assistance Grant will allow the department to bolster its commitment to community policing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: R.I.: Grant to bolster crime fighting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer