R.I.: Grant to bolster crime fighting
By Tatiana Pina, Journal Staff Writer
The Providence Journal
Copyright 2006 Providence Publications, LLC
CENTRAL FALLS, R.I.- The Police Department will be tracking sex offenders who register in the city, home in on crime trends and trace fingerprints in 20 minutes thanks to a federal grant.
Police Chief Joseph Moran and Maj. John Desmarais told the City Council last night that a Justice Assistance Grant will allow the department to bolster its commitment to community policing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: R.I.: Grant to bolster crime fighting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen