Police in Ga. want $22k video linkup
Chief Terry Sult wants to use a nearly $22,000 grant to purchase a video conferencing system
By Michelle E. Shaw
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. — The Sandy Springs Police Department is taking a page from the television series "24" with a new piece of technology it hopes to have in place by winter.
Chief Terry Sult wants to use a nearly $22,000 grant to purchase a video conferencing system that could link the city with hospitals, private industry and other city departments, in case of an emergency. For instance, it could have been helpful during January's ice storm.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police in Ga. want $22k video linkup
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms