Texas law enforcement seeks grant for cameras
Every APD patrol unit whould be outfitted with new digital cameras
By Greg Kendall-Ball
ABILENE, Texas — The Abilene Police Department and the Taylor County Sheriff's Office have applied for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Grant Program, seeking nearly $60,000 that would be split between the two agencies.
Abilene Police Chief Stan Standridge said the department applies for the grant every year and for the past two years, the funds have been used exclusively for outfitting APD vehicles with Digital Mobile Video Recorders, the dashboardmounted camera system.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas law enforcement seeks grant for cameras
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds