Iowa grant to help schools stop violence
A school district worked with three organizations to receive the funding: Dubuque Community Y Domestic Violence Program, the Riverview Center and the Dubuque Police Department
By Stacey Becker
The Telegraph Herald
DUBUQUE, Iowa — The Dubuque Community School District received a $488,000 federal grant that will support programs aimed at reducing sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking in secondary schools.
"We want to name the issues and face them right up front," said Mae Hingtgen, behavioral support specialist with the district.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Iowa grant to help schools stop violence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman