NH police seek grant to target distracted drivers
Police: Officers have seen people shaving, applying makeup and reading newspapers while driving
By Sandra Bradley
The Union Leader
MERRIMACK, N.H. — Local police have been authorized to apply for a grant to combat distracted driving, an issue the police chief says should be brought to the forefront.
Last week, Police Chief Mark Doyle sought permission from the town council to apply for a $4,950 Operation Safe Commute Grant through the New Hampshire Highway Safety Agency.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman