NH police seek grant to target distracted drivers
Police: Officers have seen people shaving, applying makeup and reading newspapers while driving
By Sandra Bradley
The Union Leader
MERRIMACK, N.H. — Local police have been authorized to apply for a grant to combat distracted driving, an issue the police chief says should be brought to the forefront.
Last week, Police Chief Mark Doyle sought permission from the town council to apply for a $4,950 Operation Safe Commute Grant through the New Hampshire Highway Safety Agency.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court