Council approves new officers through COPS grant
The COPS Hiring Program is awarded to only 23 law enforcement agencies in the state
By Molly Davis
Redlands Daily Facts
REDLANDS, Calif. — The city's streets may get a little safer, thanks to a $1.7 million grant the city received to hire four new police officers.
At their Nov. 1 meeting, the City Council unanimously approved accepting the grant.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Council approves new officers through COPS grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds