Council approves new officers through COPS grant
The COPS Hiring Program is awarded to only 23 law enforcement agencies in the state
By Molly Davis
Redlands Daily Facts
REDLANDS, Calif. — The city's streets may get a little safer, thanks to a $1.7 million grant the city received to hire four new police officers.
At their Nov. 1 meeting, the City Council unanimously approved accepting the grant.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Council approves new officers through COPS grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court