Calif. PD's solar panels will save $1 million
A grant from the Department of Energy allowed the Tracy Police Department to install the energy-savers
By Anne Marie Fuller
Contra Costa Times
The Tracy Police Department recently has seen a flurry of activity, with most of the police cruisers parked across the street.
For the past two weeks, a local company, Renewable Integrator Inc., has been installing solar panels in the back parking lot of the department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. PD's solar panels will save $1 million
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy