APD receives grant for new tracking system
The Albany Police Department wants to help families caring for people Alzheimer's
The Albany Police Department wants to help families caring for people Alzheimer's, dementia or autism make sure their loved ones stay safe.
The department is getting a grant to pay for monitoring systems to help keep track of people who suffer from those kind of cognitive conditions.
"In search and rescue efforts we want to try to minimize the probability of somebody being hurt or injured or lost for any extended period of time so obviously something like this is going to benefit us and it's going to benefit families," said Albany Police Planning and Research Manager Sonya Johnson.
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy