Calif. police use grant to fund DUI checkpoint
The checkpoint, which is funded by a national and state grant, is designed to get dangerous drivers off local roads while educating the public
By Tracy Manzer
The Press - Telegram
LONG BEACH, Calif. — Holiday revelers should make sure they have their designated drivers at the ready Friday because the Long Beach Police Department will be out in force looking for drunk drivers.
The impaired driver checkpoint will screen for drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and those driving unlicensed, from 6 p.m. Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday in the South Division area, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. police use grant to fund DUI checkpoint
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house