Ill. police get $70k grant for merger
The $70,000 grant is from the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority
By Joe O'Donnell
HINSDALE-CLARENDON, Ill. — Hinsdale Village President Tom Cauley announced Tuesday that the villages of Hinsdale and Clarendon Hills have received a $70,000 grant from the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (ICJIA) to assist the municipalities with the preliminary steps of merging their police departments.
Cauley said at the Village of Hinsdale Board of Trustees meeting that the grant money will go towards completing “Phase One” of the merge, which is the passage of state legislation to allow the unprecedented full consolidation to move forward.
The resolution of pension issues and the establishment of an intergovernmental agreement between Hinsdale and Clarendon Hills are among the preliminary needs, Cauley said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman