Cops' game plan for Super Bowl: Prevent drunk driving
Funding for the additional crews will come from a federal community-policing grant
The Boston Globe
As people gear up for Super Bowl Sunday, buying beer and liquor to consume during the big game, Hingham police are again reminding locals to drive safe and drive sober.
To further the initiative, the department has launched a campaign with The US Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, with support from the National Football League, creating signs that marks the importance of designating a driver.
As such, Hingham police will deploy additional roving OUI patrols on Sunday night and into Monday morning, looking to stop drivers who may be impaired. The funding for the additional crews will come from a federal community-policing grant awarded to the Hingham police.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper