Ohio police benefit from vest grants
Law enforcement agencies hope initiative will be extended
By Mark Gokavi
Dayton Daily News
The Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant Program is set to expire in September and local law enforcement agencies hope new legislation keeps it going.
Since 1999, the United States Dept. of Justice program has helped 13,000 jurisdictions receive $277 million in federal funds committed to help buy about 800,000 vests.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio police benefit from vest grants
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend