Ohio police benefit from vest grants
Law enforcement agencies hope initiative will be extended
By Mark Gokavi
Dayton Daily News
The Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant Program is set to expire in September and local law enforcement agencies hope new legislation keeps it going.
Since 1999, the United States Dept. of Justice program has helped 13,000 jurisdictions receive $277 million in federal funds committed to help buy about 800,000 vests.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio police benefit from vest grants
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help