Ga. department gets grant for technology upgrades
The public safety partnership grant awarded earlier this year to Ringgold by the Governor's Office of Highway Safety is the first grant the department has received
By Joy Lukachick
Chattanooga Times Free Press
Ringgold, Ga., officers are replacing old equipment in their patrol cars and updating computer systems with a $10,000 state grant.
"[The department's] got budget restraints to deal with and tornadoes last year [that crippled] the city's revenue," police Chief Dan Bilbrey said. "It definitely helps."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Mass. police end 'High Five Friday' at schools after complaints
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department