Police fight underage drinking with grant in SC
The federal grant funding will allow checkpoints to continue for the duration of the summer
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — Police in North Myrtle Beach are cracking down on underage drinking with their Alcohol Enforcement Team and say its already netting results.
North Myrtle Beach received a share in a $10 million federal grant they're using as a resource to conduct DUI checkpoints throughout the spring and summer months.
Just this past weekend, police made eight arrests and guarantee there will be more.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper