New police car provided by federal grant in Ark.
The grant contained $26,000 for the vehicle and $3,500 for a camera system
The Baxter Bulletin
GASSVILLE, Ark. — Police Chief Tim Mayfield patrolled the streets of Gassville in a new 2012 Dodge Charger equipped with the “pursuit” law enforcement package Monday.
The car arrived Friday, thanks to a $29,500 Edward D. Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant.
The funds came from the federal government’s 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 through the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration.
Full story: See photos of the vehicle
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend