Grants help dept. with safety belt, ATV enforcement in Maine
Dixfield Police Department will put more than $8K towards additional patrols
DIXFIELD, Maine — Extra police patrols will be out at random times and places thanks to two grants the Police Department recently received.
Chief Richard Pickett said the department received a $1,940 grant that will allow additional patrols to focus on enforcing the safety- belt law.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert