Grants help dept. with safety belt, ATV enforcement in Maine
Dixfield Police Department will put more than $8K towards additional patrols
DIXFIELD, Maine — Extra police patrols will be out at random times and places thanks to two grants the Police Department recently received.
Chief Richard Pickett said the department received a $1,940 grant that will allow additional patrols to focus on enforcing the safety- belt law.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department