Calif. police department receives grant
Whittier police have received an $8,000 grant from the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
San Gabriel Valley Tribune
WHITTIER, Calif. — Whittier police have received an $8,000 grant from the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to combat alcohol-related crimes such as underage drinking, authorities announced this week.
The grant was one of hundreds awarded to California law enforcement agencies through the ABC's Grant Assistance Program, or GAP.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. police department receives grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert