Texas police: Body cameras help fight domestic violence
The number of dismissed domestic violence cases has dropped after introduction of the cameras
BELL COUNTY, Texas — Cameras given to police officers across Bell County have proved a useful tool for providing evidence to prosecute domestic violence cases.
Officials in the Bell County Attorney's office say because of these cameras and valuable training for more than 300 officers in the area the amount of domestic violence cases dismissed has dropped.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer