Texas police: Body cameras help fight domestic violence
The number of dismissed domestic violence cases has dropped after introduction of the cameras
BELL COUNTY, Texas — Cameras given to police officers across Bell County have proved a useful tool for providing evidence to prosecute domestic violence cases.
Officials in the Bell County Attorney's office say because of these cameras and valuable training for more than 300 officers in the area the amount of domestic violence cases dismissed has dropped.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend